Monday, February 25, 2008

Thoughts on Stuffwhitepeoplelike.

OK, so this blog - stuffwhitepeoplelike, link to the right of the page - seems to be getting a lot of press. A LOT. I happen to think it's fantastic and funny, and some people are tone-deaf enough to think it's racist. I'm writing an entry about it here because I've been too damn lazy to think of anything to write about here, so now I am blogging about a blog, which makes me so meta and insane that it does not bear thinking about. People (mostly whites) are getting LIVID over this blog, and the great fun it has at poking at the media-class of white people. I call it the media class because inevitably the people it is poking fun at work in some sort of media. Like I do. I don't find it offensive, I find it fun. And it's not done in a mean spirit, just a terribly accurate one. Light-hearted fun aside, it definitely seems to be providing a much needed social service, that being getting people to talk about Whiteness in the first place. I encourage all five of my readers to check it out and to vigorously defend it in the comments section, which read like some rant area of a white supremecist site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home