Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Wasting time.

Oof.

So, it's Tuesday morning. I don't feel *horrible*, so I think that the slight sinus infection might be leaving us. Would be nice.

Fall is coming, and soon. It was cold in my apartment this morning. I always feel like I am in some sort of Eastern Euro youth hostel in this apartment in the mornings during the fall and the winter. It's dark, it's cold, and someone is speaking Russian or Armenian outside. It will be fine. I want to move sometimes but the thought of the actual process makes me want to weep. I know I could get the time off from work to do it, I'm just talking about the boxes. Although... movers are hot. But there are no guarantees.

I am still trying to get out there and Date Aggressively. It is, as no one has EVER noted before, totally awful. I don' like people, I don't like leaving the house, and I certainly don't like going anywhere after work. So as dating requires all three of those things, I am pretty much screwed, and not in the fun way. Why do we do this? What is wrong with arranged marriage? Although I shudder to think what my friends would match me up with, especially if they were hungover or had had too much sugar.

I also seem to be growing some sort of beard. And people seem to be really responding to it. So we will keep it. Now I have to get in the shower and figure what I am going to wear today that is also presentable for dinner at The Ivy tonight. Sounds impressive, it's not. And I don't say that in a snarky way, just... it's not anything I care too much about anymore. I've already begun to feel that Summering Housewife ennui setting in. I don't have the money or position to justify it, and we are now in the wrong season. It's the emotional equivalent of white after Labor Day. Once again I must settle down and accept the fact that, for the most part, all I want to do is sit on the beach with my friends and talk about inane things all day long. I think it's simply going to have to be the goal that I work towards. Everything else is just a means to an end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home