Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cold. As Hell.

I've completed one leg of the annual Xmas tour. I'm back in Cohasset, and will be doing some shopping with Ms. Plante tomorrow, which will be fun. I'm staying up on the third floor while I am here which is nice. I am turning the heat up secretly as not to alarm frugal parents. I am afraid I have adjusted to LA temperatures; there's just no two ways about it.

Over the next few days I will be seeing a lot of people from my deep past. One or two have some serious significance, but all of them will be welcome faces to see during a dinner. The events of the past few months, so much of which have been so very ugly, has made me realize that I'm very lucky that I have these people in my life as long as I have had them, or have them come crashing back into my life, and me go banging back into theirs. I think we all crave simpler times, and certainly these people represent those times to me. I think I work with many people who went to LA to re-invent themselves just like it shows you in the movies. Now it just seems sad to me. I suppose it's because I just distrust new people so much to begin with, that the idea of chucking a group of old friends that I actually do trust to seem quite strange. That said, there are a few people from my past I could do very well never hearing from again, please and thank you.

I've been sorta stressed out for the past few months, and I think I will continue to be so until spring. For the first time in years I have that feeling like I have a cold chrome sphere the size of a baseball in my stomach. I think it's dread. I am going to continue to move forward, and just keep my fingers crossed. I am going to look up weather in SFO now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home